From Scratch Cooking: 2015 Edition
We are thrilled to be bringing you From Scratch: 2015 edition featuring the inspiring work of our Culinary Nutrition Expert Program graduates. All of the recipes and photography were done by our amazingly talented graduates, who graciously donated their work for this fundraising project.
This is a cookbook for a cause — and all in support of an amazing organization.
We have gathered together 35 recipes, original creations, to help raise money and awareness for the importance of from scratch, health supportive cooking in elevating the health of ourselves, each other and the planet.
The 2015 edition of the From Scratch Cookbook includes:
- 35 incredible Recipes
- Vegan and paleo options
- Culinary nutrition tips
- Instant download upon purchase
- Pay-what-you-can pricing
- 100% of proceeds go to Kiva
Much work has gone into the creation of every single recipe and we kindly ask that you honour that and the greater cause we are supporting.
This is a digital product. Your purchase will be available for download only — you will not receive a hard copy of this product.
- Serves: 6-8
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups combined shiitake and cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup cooked lentils (any kind)
- 1 cup grated sweet potato
- ½ cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp tamari
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- Pinch salt
- One egg or one serving of chia paste*
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan on medium to low heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté until translucent. Add mushrooms and cook for approximately 8 minutes until soft.
- Add lentils, sweet potato, parsley, tamari, lemon, thyme and pinch of salt to a food processor, then toss in the onion, garlic and mushroom mixture. Pulse until blended together, leaving some texture.
- Dump the processed mixture into a large bowl, then add the brown rice flour and chia paste. Use a 1/3 measuring cup to scoop out the mixture and shape into patties. Place the patties on the baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes, flipping them halfway through. Leave the burgers to rest on the sheet for 5 minutes or so after removing from the oven.