Holidays From Scratch
- Vegetarian and/or vegan
- 1 cup wild rice
- 2 Acorn squash
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup leeks, chopped (white part only)
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- ¼ tsp. thyme
- ¼ tsp. marjoram
- ½ cup dried cranberries, unsweetened, chopped
- ¼ cup raw pecans, chopped
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare wild rice by rinsing thoroughly. In a medium sauce pan bring 3 cups water and rice to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered for about 60 minutes, until water is absorbed.
- Prepare the squash by cutting in half length-wise and seeding. Place squash on a baking sheet skin side down. Use 1 Tbsp. coconut oil and brush on inside of squash and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Bake in oven for 45 minutes.
- Prepare the quinoa by rinsing thoroughly and placing in a small sauce pan with ¾ cup water. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to a simmer and cook 15 minutes.
- Heat a medium-sized frying pan over medium heat add 1 Tbsp. coconut oil, garlic, leeks, celery Sauté until soft. Stir in the seasonings, pecans and cranberries and sauté 2 more minutes.
- In a mixing bowl combine the sautéed mixture, 1 cup prepared wild rice and 1 cup prepared quinoa. Scoop into squash and serve.
Brought to you by:
Connect with Tammie
Tammie Duggar has a special inner mission to nurture others through her passion for nutrition. She teaches that the best foods are Whole Real Foods. She helps others recapture their connection with food and fall in love with the process of meal preparation. She considers her kitchen a playground where she discovers and experiments with food creating new recipes and meal options. Visit my website, TammieDuggar.com, for a Free ebook titled Real Food Fast! Read More