About From Scratch
We are thrilled to be bringing you From Scratch: 2016 Edition featuring the inspiring work of our Culinary Nutrition Expert Program graduates.
All of the recipes and photography were done by our amazingly talented graduates, who graciously donated their work for this fundraising project.
This is a cookbook for a cause — all in support of an amazing organization.
We have gathered together 44 original recipe creations to help raise money and awareness for the importance of from scratch, health supportive cooking in elevating the health of ourselves, each other and the planet.
A Cookbook For A Cause: Pencils of Promise
At the Academy of Culinary Nutrition, we know that health can begin with one new habit. Similarly, we also know that positive global shifts can occur with one small action. Pencils of Promise (PoP) is a not-for-profit initiative that is building schools for communities that otherwise wouldn’t have a way of educating their children.
PoP goes beyond simply building a school. They follow up with support for their teachers as well as maintain standards for students’ learning. Pencils of Promise creates engaging learning materials to address the lack of sufficient resources in the classroom.
This year our goal is to raise $25,000, the amount needed to build a school in Ghana, Laos or Guatemala.
Some amazing statistics about what Pencils of Promise is achieving:
- 100% of all donations to PoP go towards funding projects on the ground.
- In Guatemala in 2014, 33% more PoP second graders showed proficiency in early literacy skills than their peers.
- In Ghana in 2015, teachers and students both report that students with e-readers are reading 2x as much as before.
- In Guatemala in 2014, 40% more PoP 2nd graders are literate than their peers.
- In Laos, 91% of teachers report increases in focus due to a new PoP building (a result from a 2013 qualitative survey)
Get Your Copy And Join Us In Making It Happen
The Academy of Culinary Nutrition has put together this beautifully designed and easy to use digital cookbook as our way of giving back.
The 2016 edition of the From Scratch Cookbook includes:
- 44 incredible recipes
- Vegan and paleo options
- Culinary nutrition tips
- Instant download upon purchase
- Pay-what-you-can pricing
- 100% of proceeds go to Pencils of Promise. A lot of work and a lot of love has gone into the creation of every single recipe.
Our fundraising goal is $25,000
Please note that we currently only offer a digital option for this book. This allows us to continue to donate 100% of the money raised. 100% of your “pay-what-you-can” purchase of From Scratch Cooking goes towards this goal. Your digital copy of From Scratch: 2016 Edition will be emailed to you within the hour.
Please select the amount you would like to donate. Once your order goes through, watch your inbox for your copy and listen carefully for cheers of celebration from all of us at the Academy of Culinary Nutrition
Select Your Donation Amount
$25,000 will build a school. Every dollar counts!
($25 sends one child to school for one year)
($50 sends one child to school for two years)
($100 sends two children to school for two years)
($200 covers the cost for one child’s entire education!)
(You will be redirected to our team page)
- As we are not the charity, we are unable to provide tax receipts. If you would like to make your donation directly to Pencils of Promise as part of our fundraising team and get a tax receipt, in lieu of receiving a copy of From Scratch Cooking, you may do so here.
- This product is 100% digital. Nothing will be sent to you in the mail.
- No refunds, no exceptions.