Roasted Carrot Soup
8-10 carrots, cut in half lengthwise
1 sweet potato, cut into 1-inch chunks
1 red onion, quartered and broken apart
3 stalks celery
2 Tbsp + 2 Tbsp olive oil or ghee
1 tsp sea salt
1-2 tsp dried ginger
2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Cover cookie sheet in parchment.
2. Toss carrots, sweet potatoes, onion and celery in 2 Tbsp olive oil or melted ghee. Lay veggies out on cookie sheet and bake for for 40-50 mins.
3. When vegetables are nearly done, heat remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil or ghee in a pot. Add spices and stir until aromatic.
4. Remove vegetables when ready and add to pot with 6 cups of water. Bring to a boil covered and then simmer covered for 10 minutes.
5. Use an immersion blender or high speed venting blender and puree until smooth. Serve hot.