Do you need a massive cup of coffee in the morning just to get yourself out of bed? If so, you’re not alone — these days, many of us are both sleep deprived and addicted to caffeine. An occasional cup of coffee isn’t the worst thing in the world, but when you’re relying on your daily dose of caffeine to function, you’re at risk of covering up the important messages your body is trying to send you (like “go take a nap”).
Lowering your caffeine load doesn’t have to be torture. And if you’re looking for a health-promoting alternative to your morning cup of joe, Dandy Blend is a great place to start.
Why We Love It:
This powdered extract has a rich coffee vibe to it, but actually has the reverse effects of coffee. Rather than taxing stress hormones and the adrenals glands, this nourishes the liver and kidneys.
Why You’ll Love It:
Because it is an extract (which means it is 100 per cent gluten-free even though there are extracts of barley and rye), it is water soluble. That means it functions much like instant coffee. A teaspoon or two with a dollop of honey will easily dissolve in a mug of hot water with just a stir. It will add a richness to any chocolate smoothies and if you blend with warm water, hemp seeds and your sweetener of choice you’ll have an instant latte. Oh, and it’s super affordable.
Why You Need It:
- This is the greatest product we’ve found to help people transition away from or just reduce coffee intake.
- It tastes remarkably like a rich, full-bodied cup of coffee.
- It is caffeine-free, and has no acidity or bitterness. It is the only herbal coffee substitute that features both the health benefits of dandelion root and the rich, full-bodied flavour, smoothness and texture of real coffee.
- It is made of water-soluble extracts of roasted roots of dandelion, chicory and beets, and the grains of barley and rye.
- It contains no gluten. Gluten, which is comprised of proteins that are not water-soluble, is left behind in the grounds to be composted during the extracting process, leaving Dandy Blend gluten-free.
- The sweetness some perceive in Dandy Blend is primarily from the fructose that occurs naturally in the roots of dandelion and chicory. Many people require no additional sweeteners.
- It contains over 50 trace minerals in each cup, most of which the body uses to help synthesize compounds needed in metabolism.
- There are no headaches or other withdrawal symptoms when switching from coffee to Dandy Blend. It is like switching from one brand of coffee to another.