Have you tried overnight oats yet? I was skeptical at first, but now I am 100% addicted to them! This is a super easy and quick way to make sure that you have a healthy breakfast waiting for you in the morning. I recently had foot surgery and have been really limited in mobility, so this type of breakfast certainly came to my rescue.
These oats are delicious and refreshing, they’re the perfect thing to get you ready for summer. The mix of textures in this recipe is especially lovely, plus the crispy crunch from the apples holds up even after 3 days in the fridge – making it a great one for meal prep and batch cooking!
Take a peek at some of the superstars in this recipe:
- Goji berries: high in antioxidants and digestive-friendly fibre
- Chia seeds: high in anti-inflammatory omega 3s, manganese, calcium, phosphorus and protein
- Almonds: full of healthy fats that keep you full for longer, protein, tons of vitamin E
Give this easy breakfast a try and you’ll be out the door with a satisfied belly in no time!
Serves: 3 servings
- 1 cup organic rolled oats (you could also use gluten-free oats)
- 2 cups hemp milk (oryour favourite milk alternative)
- 1 large apple, cubed (about 1 cup, I used Fuji)
- 3 Tbsp slivered almonds
- 3 Tbsp goji berries
- 3 Tbsp chia seeds
- 3 Tbsp protein powder
- ½ tsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground ginger
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Spoon into three glass containers and store in the fridge overnight.
- Give the container a good stir and then dig in.