- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp cacao powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips (Ghiradelli 72% chocolate chips are wonderful), or coconut sugar sweetened chocolate chips (I like Sante chips by Guittard)
- ½ cup toasted walnuts
- 2 Tbsp cacao nibs, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
- In a mixer bowl, combine bananas, vanilla and almond butter until creamy.
- Add eggs and mix until combined.
- Stir in coconut flour, baking soda, cacao powder and salt.
- Fold in chocolate chips, toasted walnuts, and cacao nibs, if using.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 20 minutes. Invert onto cooling rack and let fully cool. (Alternatively, slice into it while it’s still warm and make a mess. This is what I usually do!)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
Keywords: banana bread, coconut flour banana bread, gluten-free banana bread, grain-free banana bread, chocolate banana bread, coconut flour