Today is the day we’re tackling a big topic: autoimmune diseases. Autoimmune conditions can be challenging and debilitating, as our founder Meghan Telpner has learned from personal experience, and Josh Gitalis knows from his clinical practice. Our fourth episode, Can You Cure An Autoimmune Disease?, is now available on your favourite podcast platforms.
This episode explores autoimmune diseases and the common misconception that once diagnosed, there isn’t much we can do.
Subscribe and listen to the Today Is The Day Podcast on:
If you’re loving the show, please be sure to leave a review!
Covered In This Episode
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- About Meghan’s own experience, including her diagnosis with Crohn’s disease and how it changed her diet and lifestyle.
- Why you should draft a “health resume”.
- The genetic, environmental and dietary factors that trigger autoimmune disease.
- That there’s no single treatment for a disease, rather an intersection of medicine, diet and fitness.
- Why complete commitment is required to push back against an autoimmune disease.
- What all basic healing diets have in common and what autoimmune sufferers need to cut out of theirs.
- What it means to live in a way that’s health supportive.
- Why you should clean up your diet, specifically focusing on dairy and gluten.
- Why you should not burn yourself out through intense exercise, but find ways to move throughout your day.
- A few of the activities that bring Meghan and Josh joy.
Episode Bonus: Autoimmune Protocol
This episode’s bonus is a downloadable autoimmune protocol that highlights:
- the best mind-body practices
- an essential reading list
- health resume template
Additional Resources Mentioned In The Episode
- How I Healed From Crohn’s Disease
- Can We Predict Autoimmune Disease?
- How to Ensure Bulletproof Immunity
- Anti-Inflammatory Diet + Lifestyle Guide
- Guide to Medicinal Mushrooms
- Your Guide to Culinary Adaptogens
- 20 Best Healing Herbs for Tea + Recipes
- Understanding Popular Diets: Paleo, Keto, GAPs, AIP and More
- How I Cope with Anxiety
- How to Have a Conversation About GMOs
- 5-Minute Easy Morning Yoga Flow
- 17 Surprising Sources of Gluten
- Moo-ve Over Bessie: Is Milk Depleting Your Bone Health?
- Health Benefits of Bone Broth + Simple Broth Recipe
- Fundraising cookbook: From Scratch Cooking
Connect With The Hosts
- Culinary Nutrition Expert Program preview video and learn more
- Meghan’s Books: UnDiet and The UnDiet Cookbook
- Meghan on Instagram
- Meghan on Facebook
- Functional Nutrition Certification Program
- Functional Reset Program
- Josh on Instagram
- Josh on Facebook
More About The Culinary Nutrition Expert Program
- Program Overview: Check out the Culinary Nutrition Expert Program preview video and learn more
- RSVP to our next Program Information Session
- Free Training! Get instant access to a free Culinary Nutrition Mini Training
- Download and snuggle in with our Course Catalogue
- Join the team! Discover how you can become an Academy of Culinary Nutrition Certified Instructor
- Rave Reviews: See what our beloved grads have to say about us
Featured Organization: Thrive (Formerly called Organics 4 Orphans)
Dale and Linda Bolton, Co-Founders of Thrive (Formerly Organics for Orphans)
We have a rare luxury that most people on the planet do not. We are able to choose the food we eat to fuel our cells and our lives. And we want everyone else to have the same choices. We love this amazing organization that tirelessly strives to enhance food security in East Africa. They work in a variety of communities to teach people the skills to grow food in impoverished neighbourhoods, schools, and even in women’s prisons.
In 2018 alone, Thrive dug 24,403 garden beds, built 865 keyhole gardens, grew 1,767 medicinal plants, and grew food for 4,000,000 meals. Thrive has been a 4-time recipient of our annual e-cookbook for charity, From Scratch Cooking, and we are very proud to be associated with this worthy cause. You can learn more about From Scratch Cooking and how generous donations supported Thrive’s good work here.
We were thrilled to have Dale join us as an honorary Culinary Nutrition Expert in 2018, which helped enhance his nutrition knowledge and taught him some fantastic recipes.
Learn More: www.thriveforgood.org
Join Our Weekly Challenge!
To help you take what you learn in each episode to the next level, we’re offering new Today Is The Day Podcast challenges in our community group almost every week. Once in a while, Meghan and Josh will also pop in for a post-show Q&A. Join the community here.