An easy, tasty snack for moms-to-be (or those who love almond butter + chocolate!)
- 1 cup (250mL) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) almond flour
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) ground flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) sea salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) almond butter
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C) and line an 8×8-inch pan with parchment.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Whisk eggs in a medium bowl, and stir in the almond butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla. Pour the wet mixture over the dry ingredients and mix until all oats are covered and look wet.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into parchment-lined pan, smoothing out with spatula.
- Bake for 25–30 minutes, or until the centre springs back up after a light touch. Allow to cool, then score into bars and store in an airtight container.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
Keywords: snacks, chocolate almond oat bars, oat bars, gluten-free, dairy-free, snacks for pregnancy