The donations are rolling in for the 2018 edition of From Scratch Cooking, our annual gluten-free and dairy-free e-cookbook for charity. We are certainly on our way to raising $10,000 for Organics 4 Orphans – thank you to those who have already bought a copy. Today, we want to share one of the From Scratch Cooking recipes with you. It’s a dreamy chocolate avocado pudding from Culinary Nutrition Expert Jennifer Barr. Jenn is a meal prep wizard – we are seriously in awe of her. Each week, she shares her beautiful and nutritious creations on her Instagram account The Planted One, along with handy menu planning tips and advice.
This gluten-free and vegan chocolate avocado pudding recipe will help you become more zen. It’s an after dinner superfood treat that will wind you down for the evening, increase and help your digestion and set you up for a blissful evening full of good vibes and a great mood. If you’re making dessert for a crowd, this recipe can be easily tripled or quadrupled and we promise you won’t have any leftovers.
For more fantastic recipes like this, get your copy of From Scratch 2018, which is only available for a limited time. Pay-what-you-can pricing begins at $15. If donating funds isn’t possible for you at this time, then please take the time to share this post! Every little bit helps.
Serves: Serves 2
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and the flesh scooped out
- ⅓ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Small handful spinach
- 3 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 dates (chopped and pits removed)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 ½ Tbsp chia seeds
- Optional: 1 tsp of calming Reishi or Ashwagandha powder
- Toppings: chopped pistachios, cacao nibs, a little square of your favourite chocolate bar, extra salt or cinnamon
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor, except for the chia seeds, and blend until everything is fully combined.
- Once combined, slowly pour the chia seeds into the food processor and pulse until they are mixed into the pudding.
- Scoop the mixture into a bowl and let it set in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Once it has set, scoop mixture into 2 serving bowls and top with crushed pistachios, cacao nibs, cinnamon, sea salt and a square of your favourite cacao chocolate.
- This will keep in the fridge for up to two days.