Our Community Action Sessions have been paused and will be rescheduled FOR A later date.
If you had registered for this event, we will be refunding all registrations in the coming days.
This event is not cancelled but postponed. The topic of food security and food sovereignty are incredibly important. We encourage you to continue to educate yourself on these topics. We’ve pulled together some resources for you in the meantime.
Food Security Resources:
- Community Food Centre Canada: Just Recovery Budget Plan
- Community Food Centre Canada: Beyond Hunger
- Trudy Stone’s Mind Your Body Podcast: #16 Black Health Matters Too: Racism In The Food System With Leticia Deawuo
- Melana Roberts: Black Food Insecurity in Canada
- Proof Food Insecurity Policy Research: Household Food Insecurity in Canada
- Colour of Poverty: Racialized Poverty in Food & Water Security
- Hunger & Health Feeding America: What is Food Security
- Angela M. Odoms-Young: Examining the Impact of Structural Racism on Food Insecurity: Implications for Addressing Racial/Ethnic Disparities
- Food Share Presents: It’s Time To End White Supremacy In Food Systems
- United States Department of Agriculture: Access to Affordable and Nutritious Food: Measuring and Understanding Food Deserts and Their Consequences
- York Region Food Network: Hungry for Income
- Food Empowerment Project: Food Deserts
- Academy of Culinary Nutrition: Food Security and Organizations that are Making a Difference