- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1.5 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups baby spinach or sliced kale
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 portobello mushroom caps
- 1 cooked chicken breast or 1 cup cooked lentils
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Add coconut oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for 5 minutes or until translucent. Add garlic and cherry tomatoes. Sauté for another 5 minutes or just until tomatoes start to burst. Turn off the heat and add in the balsamic vinegar and baby spinach. Continue to sauté just until baby spinach is wilted. Season the mix with sea salt and black pepper to taste, and set aside.
- Fill the inside of each mushroom cap with the tomato and onion mixture. Add diced chicken or lentils on top. Place directly on the grill and grill for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and slice into halves or quarters. Serve immediately as is, or over a bed of greens. Enjoy!
- No Grill: These can be made in the oven by preheating to 420 degrees F and baking for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Category: Pizza