Episode 2: Do We Really Need to Detox?
Thank you so much for your amazing feedback on our first-ever episode of the Today Is The Day Podcast! We are honoured that the information Meghan and Josh are sharing is resonating with you and we hope that our conversations will continue to inspire you. Our second episode, Do We Really Need to Detox?, is now available on your favourite podcast platforms.
With the range of nutrition protocols available nowadays, it can be confusing to know what to eat for optimal health. Detoxification and detox diets are particularly mind-boggling because they run the gamut from gentle detoxes to extreme cleanses with limited foods and are challenging to follow. Josh and I cut through the detox clutter to help you understand what it means to detox diet and how you can do it safely.
Subscribe and listen to the Today Is The Day Podcast on:
If you’re loving the show, please be sure to leave a review!
Covered In This Episode
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The fundamentals of detoxification and why our body is constantly going through the detox process.
- What is the “body burden” and why we’re at increased risk of storing toxins nowadays
- Why some people are more sensitive to toxins than others
- The dishwasher analogy that will help you better understand how your body detoxifies
- What Meghan and Josh learned from their detox genetics tests
- How effective juices and smoothies are at helping us detox
- The five channels of elimination
- Some helpful pointers for reducing your body burden through “re-toxing”
- How superfoods help our bodies in the fight against toxins
- What activated charcoal is actually good for, and what about it you should be wary of
- The concept of when in doubt, sweat it out
- Pooping the RIGHT way to help you better detox
Episode Bonus: Everyday Detox Protocol
This episode’s bonus is a printable ‘Everyday Detox’ protocol filled with dietary advice, supplement suggestions and lifestyle tips you can use to get started on your detox journey.
Additional Resources Mentioned In The Episode
- Banned chemicals pass through the umbilical cord from mother to baby, research finds
- The Truth About Detoxification
- Why Your Cookware, Car and Water Bottle Are Making You Fat
- Foods to Help You Gently Detox
- How to Choose a Water Filter
- Is Activated Charcoal the Latest Victim of Healthwashing?
- The Health Benefits of Infrared Saunas
- Is Metamucil Safe? The Truth Behind This “Doctor Recommended” Product
- How to Have a Conversation About GMOs
- The Molecules of Emotion
- 23 And Me
Connect With The Hosts
- Functional Nutrition Certification Program
- Functional Reset Program
- Josh on Instagram
- Josh on Facebook
Featured Culinary Nutrition Expert
Abigail Hopkins, Founder of That Clean Life
After graduating from the Culinary Nutrition Expert Program in 2014, Abigail immediately launched her online meal planning service, That Clean Life. Since then, she’s helped tens of thousands of people feel amazing through the food they eat. That Clean Life is packed to the brim with delicious recipes and tools that make healthy eating a breeze. If you’re following a popular diet, like vegan, keto, Paleo, AIP, anti-inflammatory and others, Abigail’s got you covered with a tailored menu.
In 2016, she launched That Clean Life Business, which has quickly grown to become an essential business tool (and time saver!) for fellow wellness professionals and Culinary Nutrition Experts. That Clean Life Business allows you to create menu plans for clients using recipe resources designed to help a variety of health conditions. The system is packed with high-quality recipes that are in line with today’s most popular diets, and are easily customizable based on your client needs.
Try a free demo of That Clean Life here.
Learn More: www.thatcleanlife.com
More About The Culinary Nutrition Expert Program
- Program Overview: Check out the Culinary Nutrition Expert Program preview video and learn more
- RSVP to our next Program Information Session
- Free Training! Get instant access to a free Culinary Nutrition Mini Training
- Download and snuggle in with our Course Catalogue
- Join the team! Discover how you can become an Academy of Culinary Nutrition Certified Instructor
- Rave Reviews: See what our beloved grads have to say about us
Join Our Weekly Challenge!
To help you take what you learn in each episode to the next level, we’re offering new Today Is The Day Podcast challenges in our community group almost every week. Once in a while, Meghan and Josh will also pop in for a post-show Q&A. Join the community here.
More Wisdom from our Experts
There’s a lot of talk in the health world about preventing conditions or diseases before they start, but what does that actually mean and look…Read More
Many of us are taught as children not to judge a book by its cover and that it’s what’s on the inside that counts. Despite…Read More
Empowering children with health education and culinary skills can help teach them the know-how they can use throughout their lifetime. Today is the day we’re…Read More
Dietary fat has been one of the most maligned, feared, and misunderstood nutrients in the nutrition world. Many of us spent years, or even decades,…Read More
We’re living in an era of entrepreneurship and it’s both easy and difficult right now to start and manage a nutrition business. We get a…Read More
We live in an age when there are at least two, if not ten, sides to every health recommendation. For the average person, this can…Read More
5 responses to “Episode 2: Do We Really Need to Detox?”
Loved this detox podcast. You talked about a cilantro pesto recipe that sounded amazing. Where can I find this.
Really great information in a motivating format. When you talk about specific ideas and recipes, it makes me want to go try them immediately!
Hi Kathlyn! Thanks for your kind words. You can try this recipe: https://www.meghantelpner.com/blog/renegade-parsley-pesto/. Meghan likes to make this one with cilantro instead, or half cilantro, half parsley works too. There’s also this recipe you can try: https://www.meghantelpner.com/blog/chimichurri-with-parsley-basil-cilantro-and-oregano/
You didn’t mention beetroot!
Such a great episode! You two are so cute together. :) I really like how you guys mentioned the amino acids, often protein gets overlooked in a detox protocol. You guys also mentioned the special offer from Abigail, sorry did I miss that link/offer somewhere?
Thanks for the reminder, Lisa! That Clean Life offers a free trial demo – we’ve linked to it above.