We live in an age when there are at least two, if not ten, sides to every health recommendation. For the average person, this can easily become overwhelming, or an invitation to wholly hand over the decision-making process to someone else.
Today is the day we’re exploring the role and responsibility each of us has when it comes to making informed choices and decisions about how to best achieve our own optimal health today and in the future.
Subscribe and listen to the Today Is The Day Podcast on:
Covered In This Episode
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why getting health recommendations should be specific to your needs.
- Why you need to understand how health recommendations are intended to affect your health.
- Why the individual needs to be part of the decision-making process
- The value of a second opinion and when to get one
- What is informed consent
- The requirement of health practitioners to provide full informed consent on every recommendation
- What the placebo affect is and how it can affect the outcome
- What the nocebo affect is and the negative impact it can have on the outcome of an intervention
- How social pressure can influence our decisions around health
- Why ‘because everyone else is doing it’ doesn’t mean you should be
- How social media has affected our health choices and health trends
- How to sort through and assess information when you’re conducting your own research
- Reliable sources of information to get started
Related Podcast Episodes
- Can You Cure an Autoimmune Disease?
- What the Heck Should I Eat?
- Why Resilience Needs to Be Part of the Conversation
Helpful Posts and Resources
- Mindset Matters: Exercise and the Placebo Effect
- Nocebo Phenomenon in Medicine
- Think Like a Monk by Jay Shetty
- Solomon Asch Conformity Studies
- The Dunning-Kruger Effect
- Understanding Popular Diets
Connect With The Hosts
- Culinary Nutrition Expert Program preview video and learn more
- Meghan on Instagram
- Meghan on Facebook
- Functional Nutrition Certification Program
- Functional Reset Program
- Josh on Instagram
- Josh on Facebook
More About The Culinary Nutrition Expert Program
- Program Overview: Check out the Culinary Nutrition Expert Program preview video and learn more
- RSVP to our next Program Information Session
- Free Training! Get instant access to a free Culinary Nutrition Mini Training
- Download and snuggle in with our Course Catalogue
- Join the team! Discover how you can become an Academy of Culinary Nutrition Certified Instructor
- Rave Reviews: See what our beloved grads have to say about us
Featured Culinary Nutrition Expert
With three academic degrees and 20+ years of experience in student ministry and education, Jenny Bradley is skilled at finding research to learn all she can on the topics she’s passionate about and teaches. After being diagnosed with cancer in 2017, her aptitude for learning crossed over into acquiring information that equipped her to make confident decisions on her cancer journey. Through gathering perspectives from her medical team, including allopathic and naturopathic care, Jenny has been thriving with her cancer diagnosis for over three years.
Jenny often gets asked for tips and resources for other cancer patients and their friends who are looking to support their loved ones during a health crisis. Jenny shares her insights and tools in order to help others through her Shrink The Mutant School and on Instagram @shrinkthemutant. Jenny lives in Kansas with her husband Mike and cute little dog Poppy.