Welcome To Fundamentals of Fermentation
Nourishing your gut and supporting your immune health has never been so easy and delicious.
Fundamentals of Fermentation is a self-paced 100% online course that invites you take your health to the next level by creating gut-healing, digestive-friendly, flavour-rich and easy to make ferments.
Join this special course and be inspired to get into your kitchen and start creating gut-healing, digestive-friendly, flavour-rich and easy to make ferments.
INCLUDING FERMENTED FOODS IN YOUR DIET IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN EVER.
Through the act of fermentation, millions of beneficial bacteria are formed that support optimal health for the body.
There is a huge connection between our brain health and our gut health, in fact they are directly connected!
When our gut is happy, generally the rest of our body is happy too. And one of the ways our gut gets really happy is when we invite fermented foods into the picture.
Fermenting a food brings it to life – literally!
Common Symptoms Of Gut Microflora Imbalance Include:
- Chronic yeast infections
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Headaches & Body Pain
- Brain fog
- Anxiety & Depression
- Compromised Immune Function
Benefits of Fermented Foods In The Diet Can Include:
- Better gut health
- Reduction in digestive upset symptoms
- Improved digestive health
- More responsive immune system
- More regular and complete elimination
- Smoother, more glowing complexion
- Improved weight loss and/or weight management
- Less sugar cravings
- Overall better health
- More delicious eating!
Fermented foods are a cost effective way to support gut health using whole foods, processed in your own home kitchen.
Ready to get your hands dirty with ‘kraut juice?
What you will learn
In Fundamentals of Fermentation, you’ll start with the fermenting basic and gain the confidence to create your own at-home ferments. By the end of the course you will go forth with your brain stuffed with these gems:
- The basics of fermentation principles and practices
- Important fermentation tips and tricks for success
- The health benefits of fermented foods
- How to use fermented foods in everyday recipes
- Six different fermentation techniques
- What to look out for to ensure the safety of your creations
- How easy to it is to make your own ferments
- Fermentation guidelines that can be applied beyond the scope of this mini-course and into other culinary creations
Who is this course for
- Culinary Nutrition Expert students and alumni
- People who want to learn about ways to improve digestion with food
- People who love taking on fun kitchen and experimental kitchen projects
- People who want to get their hands dirty with from-scratch fermentation
- People who want to improve their overall health and how they feel using diet
- People who want to save money by making their own ferments
- People who want to learn how to integrate fermented foods into everyday eating
- People who love continued learning in an online environment
The Fundamentals of Fermentation is delivered in six modules. Each module offers at least one fermentation recipe, how to use it in a dish, and numerous resources and tips to ensure you can easily follow along in your own home. By the end of this course, you will know how to make and use these delicious (and customizable) fermented foods:
- Module 1: Kombucha
- Module 2: Fermented Vegetables
- Module 3: Fermented Hot Sauce
- Module 4: Sauerkraut
- Module 6: Fermented Nut Cheese
- Module 6: Coconut Yogurt/Kefir
Before you start dishing out the dollars for expensive probiotics, instead try making your own probiotic-rich foods.
Included with registration
Tune in from anywhere, learn at your leisure.
The Fundamentals of Fermentation course material is delivered through a combination of video-based tutorials, accompanying course notes, recipes and additional learning resources. All you need is an internet connection and a smart phone, tablet or computer. Tune in from anywhere, learn at your leisure.
- Instant access to the full course
- 6 course modules
- 90 minutes of professionally produced and edited tutorial videos
- Demonstration of 6 fermented foods recipes
- All the accompanying recipes to follow along and make yourself
- Tips and fermentation guidelines to ensure the safety of your foods
- Additional recipes and ideas to incorporate ferments in your meals
- Referenced course notes
- Additional reading and resources
- Guaranteed access for a minimum of 12 months
Register Now ($88)
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Meghan Telpner is a Toronto-based author, speaker, nutritionist, and the founder of the Academy of Culinary Nutrition. She’s written two bestselling books: UnDiet: Eat Your Way to Vibrant Health and The UnDiet Cookbook. Meghan’s success in cultivating a global community of UnDiet enthusiasts and Culinary Nutrition Experts has garnered her a feature in Forbes, and ranked her as one of the top 100 female entrepreneurs in Canada. She is also the mother of a hungry 3 year-old who loves sauerkraut.
In Fundamentals of Fermentation, you will feel like you are live in the kitchen with Meghan as she shares her insider tips and tricks for fermentation success.
|90 MINUTES OF COURSE MODULE VIDEOS|
|ONGOING ACCESS TO 7 CORE COURSE MODULES
We guarantee a minimum of 12-month access from the start of the Fundamentals of Fermentation course.
|REFERENCED COURSE NOTES|
|RECIPES FOR ALL 6 FERMENTATION PROJECTS|
|ADDITIONAL RECIPES AND IDEAS FOR USING FERMENTS IN MEALS|
|TIPS TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF YOUR FERMENTED FOODS|
|ACCESS TO COURSE QUIZZES TO TRACK YOUR PROGRESS
The quiz is optional for those taking the course for interest purposes, but must be completed by those seeking certificate of completion.
The lifetime value of this course is the same price as 2 months worth of probiotics!
Can I do this course at my own pace?
Absolutely! We guarantee a minimum of 12-months access to the course, and recorded Q&A sessions once all of the modules are released so you can review at your own pace.
Is there any homework or deadlines?
Np, there is no homework or deadlines in this course. There is a fermentation quiz available, should you opt to challenge yourself.
Can I get a certificate after completing this course?
We do not currently offer a certificate of completion for this course.