About From Scratch
We are thrilled to be bringing you From Scratch: 2017 Edition featuring the inspiring work of our Culinary Nutrition Expert Program graduates.
All of the recipes and photography were done by our amazingly talented graduates, who graciously donated their work for this fundraising project.
This is a cookbook for a cause — all in support of an amazing organization.
We have gathered together 47 original recipe creations to help raise money and awareness for the importance of from scratch, health supportive cooking in elevating the health of ourselves, each other and the planet.
A Cookbook For A Cause:
Community Food Centres Canada
At the Academy of Culinary Nutrition, we know the value in bringing people together to grow, cook, share, and advocate for good food. Additionally, we are passionate about empowering communities to work toward a healthy and fair food system. Community Food Centres Canada (CFCC)’s vision is a country where everyone has the means and knowledge necessary to access good, healthy food in a dignified way, and the ability and opportunity to be heard on the food issues that affect them
CFCC believes in the power of food and Community Food Centres are welcoming spaces where people come together to grow, cook, share and advocate for good food. They offer Food Access Programs which provide emergency access to healthy food to those in need, Food Skills Programs to help participants develop healthy food behaviours and skills, primarily in the areas of gardening and cooking as well as Education and Engagement Programs that work to give individuals and communities voice and agency on food and hunger issues.
Why Community Food Centres Canada?
We can spend a lot of time looking our at the dire situations people are facing when it comes to food around the world. Too often this causes us to ignore what’s in our own backyard.
- 4 million Canadians experience food insecurity
- 70% of households that rely on social assistance are food insecure
- Community Food Centres Canada is working with partners to develop 12 Community Food Centres (CFCs) across the country that will build health, skills, hope and community through a proven program that combines food access, food skills and education and engagement programs.
- In 2016, 93% of community members surveyed said that their Community Food Centre made it easier for them to access healthy food
- 66% of people said they’re eating more fruits and vegetables
- 95% said they feel like they belong to a community at their Community Centre
This year our goal is to raise $10,000
Your donation can help support spaces in low-income communities that use good food to build better skills, better health, and a better sense of belonging.
Get Your Copy And Join Us In Making It Happen
The Academy of Culinary Nutrition has put together this beautifully designed and easy to use digital cookbook as our way of giving back.
The 2017 edition of the From Scratch Cookbook includes:
- 47 incredible recipes
- Vegan and paleo options
- Culinary nutrition tips
- Instant download upon purchase
- Pay-what-you-can pricing
- 100% of proceeds go to Community Food Centres Canada.
A lot of work and a lot of love has gone into the creation of every single recipe.
Our fundraising goal is $10,000
Please note that we only offer a digital option for this book. This allows us to continue to donate 100% of the money raised.
100% of your “pay-what-you-can” purchase of From Scratch Cooking goes towards this goal. Your digital copy of From Scratch: 2017 Edition will be emailed to you within the hour.
Please select the amount you would like to donate. Once your order goes through, watch your inbox for your copy and listen carefully for cheers of celebration from all of us at the Academy of Culinary Nutrition
*At this time, your purchase of this book will go to support our current charity.*
Select Your Purchase Amount
- As we are not the charity, we are unable to provide tax receipts. If you would like to make your donation directly to Community Food Centres Canada and get a tax receipt, in lieu of receiving a copy of From Scratch Cooking, you may do so here.
- This product is 100% digital. Nothing will be sent to you in the mail.
- No refunds, no exceptions.
CFCC Photos: NorWest Co-op Community Food Centre, The Local Community Food Centre.
Photo credits: NorWest Co-op Community Food Centre & Terry Manzo