A simple grain-free banana bread naturally sweetened with honey (or maple syrup)
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup chopped Brazil nuts or pecans
- 1 Tbsp of ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, softened or melted
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 eggs or chia egg for a vegan version (1 Tbsp ground chia + 3 Tbsp water)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven at 350°F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper. In a large bowl, mix the almond flour, nuts, flax, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Add the oil, bananas, honey or maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla. Stir until everything is well-mixed and incorporated. Add the chocolate chips, if using.
- Transfer the mixture into the loaf pan and bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown. A toothpick inserted should come out clean.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
Keywords: banana bread, grain-free, grain-free baking, grain-free banana bread, grain-free flour, bananas, gluten-free, dairy-free