Happy 3rd Birthday, To Us!
It’s hard to believe it’s been three years since we launched the Academy of Culinary Nutrition. Time has flown in the best possible way and we are incredibly proud of everything our fantastic tribe has achieved (we suppose all parents say that, don’t they?).
We’ve come a long way since our humble beginnings. Meghan Telpner, our founder + director, launched the Culinary Nutrition Program in 2011 starting with just 12 students around her kitchen table.
As demand for her classes grew and the walls of her 600 square foot loft could expand no further, she took the leap to online teaching and began recording her programs for a global audience. Meghan gathered the best team she could find and began building the world’s first online school for culinary nutrition.
The fall of 2013 saw the inaugural launch of the online Culinary Nutrition Expert Program with 100 students from around the world, and with it, a paradigm shift – this knowledge could finally be shared far and wide. In 2014, the program moved to its own home online and became the official school you know today, The Academy of Culinary Nutrition. You can learn more about the school’s history here.
We have trained 1100 students in more than 40 countries and built an amazing community in the process.
During the last three years, our grads have:
- Raised more than $40,000 for charities around the world through From Scratch Cooking, an e-cookbook of student recipes created with their culinary nutrition expert knowledge.
- Delivered hundreds of cooking workshops featuring recipes that support health and wellness. You can see what that experience was like for students in 2015 and in 2016.
- Launched dozens of businesses in a variety of areas, including cold-pressed juice companies, online menu planning, food photography, one-to-one consulting businesses, cooking classes, and more.
- Written their own successful cookbooks and e-cookbooks.
- Empowered countless clients, friends and family members to take control of their health through food and home cooking.
- Supported one another through meetups around the world and online in our private forums.
They’ve also made some really delicious food! Drool over these:
Roasted Sweet Potato + Brussels Sprouts Salad
Grain-Free Almond Flour Cookies
Veggie Burrito Bowls
Mini Gluten-Free Apple Galettes
Turmeric Dark Chocolate Cups with Cashew Cream Filling
Apple Cinnamon Protein Overnight Oats
Harvest Squash + Millet
Aphrodisiac Chocolate Gluten-Free Brownies
We know we’re biased, but we truly have the most amazing group of passionate, committed, creative, kind-hearted, successful go-getters we’ve ever known. They are making a difference at home and in their communities every single single day and we are bursting with pride. With the way they are enacting change, we know we have a bright future ahead of us filled with people who are brimming with vibrant health.
If you’re thinking of joining us for the Fall 2017 Culinary Nutrition Expert Program, we expect the Fall session to be our largest and busiest yet! We are just over 25% sold out for fall 2017 with students representing nine countries including South Korea, South Africa, Germany, Barbados and beyond.
Let’s all raise a glass of green juice and toast our alumni, staff and instructors. Happy 3rd Birthday, ACN!