You’ve probably heard the phrase, “It’s in my genes,” or maybe you’ve said it to someone else when speaking about your health. Conventional advice often warns us that we’ll eventually suffer from the health conditions our ancestors had – but family genetics doesn’t mean we are destined to the same fate. Our 13th episode of the Today Is The Day Podcast, “How Much of Our Health Can We Blame on Genetics?”, is now available on your favourite podcast platforms.
Today is the day we’re exploring genetics. We look at the factors that affect the expression of our genes to understand whether the genetics we’re born with are the cause of our health problems.
Subscribe and listen to the Today Is The Day Podcast on:
If you’re loving the show, please be sure to leave a review!
Covered In This Episode
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What we currently know about our genes from a scientific perspective
- The key factors that affect our genetic expression – and how we can turn genes on and off
- Fascinating examples in nature of how and why genes get expressed in different ways
- The popular drug that can affect gene expression and has been linked to certain autoimmune diseases
- What is epigenetics and why it’s important for our health
- Common genetic mutations and how they can happen
- What you need to know about genetic testing – and whether it’s necessary
- How you can influence your genes today
Additional Resources Mentioned In The Episode
- Discovery of DNA Structure: Watson and Clark
- The Human Genome Project
- What Are Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms (SNPs)?
- Role of Epigenetics in Biology and Human Diseases
- Epigenetics: You are In Control of Your Destiny
- Xenoestrogens: What Are They And Where Are They Found?
- Plastic Packaging and the Inconvenient Truths of Recycling
- How to Have a Conversation about GMOs
- Crohn’s Disease and Colitis: Healing Diets and Other Resources
- Can You Cure an Autoimmune Disease?
Connect With The Hosts
- Culinary Nutrition Expert Program preview video and learn more
- Meghan on Instagram
- Meghan on Facebook
- Functional Nutrition Certification Program
- Functional Reset Program
- Josh on Instagram
- Josh on Facebook
More About The Culinary Nutrition Expert Program
- Program Overview: Check out the Culinary Nutrition Expert Program preview video and learn more
- RSVP to our next Program Information Session
- Free Training! Get instant access to a free Culinary Nutrition Mini Training
- Download and snuggle in with our Course Catalogue
- Join the team! Discover how you can become an Academy of Culinary Nutrition Certified Instructor
- Rave Reviews: See what our beloved grads have to say about us
Featured Culinary Nutrition Expert
With 20 years of experience in the health and fitness industry, Karen has committed her life to helping people learn how to take better care of themselves. Prior to enrolling in the Culinary Nutrition Expert Program, Karen had extensive training in various areas of health and wellness, including personal training, holistic nutrition, Thai massage therapy, and yoga instruction. She was looking for something that could pull it all together and that’s what our certification offered.
Her range of services now includes nutrition consults, culinary workshops, online coaching, body work, and more.
Learn More: www.yaworskywellness.com