Episode 18: How These Surprising Causes of Weight Gain Could Be Affecting All Of Us
Obesity rates have tripled since 1975 and millions of adults and children struggle with maintaining a healthy weight. Everyone wants to know the tricks to losing weight permanently and the answer doesn’t lie in a quick-fix diet regime. Our 18th episode of the Today Is The Day Podcast, “How These Surprising Causes of Weight Gain Could Be Affecting All Of Us”, is now available on your favourite podcast platforms.
Today is the day we’re uncovering the potential barriers to weight loss, the less obvious reasons weight management is becoming increasingly challenging, and the real secret to weight loss.
Subscribe and listen to the Today Is The Day Podcast on:
If you’re loving the show, please be sure to leave a review!
Covered In This Episode
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What calories are and how they are metabolized differently
- Whether eating fat makes us fat
- The different metabolic types and how they influence weight loss
- The role genetics play in weight gain and loss
- What are Obesogens, and why they are so important to a healthy weight
- How we can address weight loss at the root
- Ways the microbiome, hormones, and stress affect weight
- How to balance hormones and manage weight for life
Additional Resources Mentioned In The Episode
- Obesogens: Why Your Cookware, Car and Water Bottle are Making You Fat
- Before and After Photos of My Beach Body
- 14 Best Foods for Digestion
- 20 Best Hormone Balancing Foods
- How to Choose Healthy Cooking Oils
- How Much of Our Health Can We Blame on Genetics?
- The Dutch Famine and Its Long Term Consequences for Health
- 13 Ingredients to Avoid in Personal Care Products
- The Gut Microbiome Profile in Obesity: A Systematic Review
- Fermented Foods We Can’t Live Without
- Cooking With The Clean 15
- 8 Packaged Staple Foods To Easily Make From Scratch
- 20 Best Meatless Monday Recipes
- 25 Best 30-Minute Meals
- 26 Healthy Instant Pot Recipes
- Culinary Nutrition Expert Program preview video and learn more
- Meghan on Instagram
- Meghan on Facebook
- Functional Nutrition Certification Program
- Functional Reset Program
- Josh on Instagram
- Josh on Facebook
More About The Culinary Nutrition Expert Program
- Program Overview: Check out the Culinary Nutrition Expert Program preview video and learn more
- RSVP to our next Program Information Session
- Free Training! Get instant access to a free Culinary Nutrition Mini Training
- Download and snuggle in with our Course Catalogue
- Join the team! Discover how you can become an Academy of Culinary Nutrition Certified Instructor
- Rave Reviews: See what our beloved grads have to say about us
Featured Culinary Nutrition Expert
Arwa Al Turkait
Arwa is known for creating delicious plant-based recipes that she shares on her blog and YouTube channel, as well as operating a bakery called Crumbs, which offers tasty treats and custom baked goodies. After combatting secondary infertility for five years, Arwa is passionate about spreading the word that invasive and costly assisted reproductive treatments such as IVF can be avoided with great nutrition and lifestyle changes. In addition, healthy food can be delicious and easy with amazing flavor.
Learn More: www.anaarwa.com
More Wisdom from our Experts
No one among us is utterly immune to inflammation. Even the healthiest people are tripped up at times by a cut on their finger or waylaid…Read More
Today is the day we’re tackling a big topic: autoimmune diseases. Autoimmune conditions can be challenging and debilitating, as our founder Meghan Telpner has learned…Read More
Our students in the Culinary Nutrition Expert Program ask us a lot of questions about popular diets. With so many different diets to choose from,…Read More
Inflammation is more than just a buzzword. It’s a chronic problem when it comes to health and many people suffer from inflammation in the body…Read More
There are many reasons why we might have tummy troubles from time to time. From minor gastrointestinal infections to food intolerances to more serious diseases,…Read More
Tea is one of our favourite beverages. On a cold, blustery day, a hot cup of tea is warm and soothing, while in the throes…Read More
2 responses to “Episode 18: How These Surprising Causes of Weight Gain Could Be Affecting All Of Us”
This one is a great podcast! Weight-loss/weight-gain is such an issue in today’s day where as a nutrition expert no matter how much you get clients to focus on health and nutrition, the goal still remains weight loss and getting lean quickly.
However for people who don’t worry too much about being lean but just getting healthy – there is still one main issue about “abdominal fat”. Is there a podcast or article that Josh and Meghan have done on abdominal fat – what causes it and how to work on getting rid of that kind of weight?
Hi Disha! Check out Mike Mutzel’s site – he may have what you are looking for.