A good night’s sleep is elusive to millions of people around the world. Diet, lifestyle, stress, work, finances, family commitments and more can all impair our ability to sleep well – but there are many things we can do to help! Our ninth episode of the Today Is The Day Podcast, “How to Get a Good Night’s Sleep”, is now available on your favourite podcast platforms.
Today is the day we’re going to help resolve one of the biggest barriers to great health – the essential nutrient of deep sleep.
Subscribe and listen to the Today Is The Day Podcast on:
If you’re loving the show, please be sure to leave a review!
Covered In This Episode
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The shocking number of younger people using prescription sleep medication.
- How raising Meghan and Josh’s son lFinley has personally affected their quality of sleep.
- The major benefits a good night’s sleep can provide us with.
- How sleep deprivation affects us in big and little ways.
- What a Hepatitis B vaccine study tells us about sleep deprivation’s impact on our immune systems.
- How your morning activity can affect your quality of sleep the next night.
- What you can do to prepare for a good night’s sleep.
- How Meghan pushed herself and eliminated unnecessary sugar to maximize the quality of her sleep.
- Why you should avoid stimulants throughout the day — and yes, that includes coffee.
- How to give your body time to digest between eating your last big meal of the day and going to bed.
- Which herbs and hormones can get your system in a better mood to slip into sleep for the night.
Episode Bonus: Bedtime Elixir Recipes
This episode’s bonus is a set of tasty recipes that will relax you and help you drift off to sleep. They include:
- Sleepytime Elixir
- Herbal Tea Sleep Formula
- Chai Spice Almond Milk
- Super Easy Almond Milk Elixir
Get your FREE Bedtime Elixir Recipes plus 35 more free resource guides!
Fill out the form below for instant access.
Additional Resources Mentioned In The Episode
- 4 Ways to Get Better Sleep
- 11 Foods for Better Sleep
- Are You Addicted to Sugar?
- 20 Best Healing Herbs for Tea
- DIY Guide to Dairy-Free Elixirs
Connect With The Hosts
- Culinary Nutrition Expert Program preview video and learn more
- Meghan on Instagram
- Meghan on Facebook
- Functional Nutrition Certification Program
- Functional Reset Program
- Josh on Instagram
- Josh on Facebook
More About The Culinary Nutrition Expert Program
- Program Overview: Check out the Culinary Nutrition Expert Program preview video and learn more
- Free Training! Get instant access to a free Culinary Nutrition Mini Training
- Download and snuggle in with our Course Catalogue
- Join the team! Discover how you can become an Academy of Culinary Nutrition Certified Instructor
- Rave Reviews: See what our beloved grads have to say about us
Featured Culinary Nutrition Expert
After graduating from the Culinary Nutrition Expert Program in 2016, Melissa set her sights on the wonderful world of fermentation. Fermenting food at home can be intimidating, but Melissa makes it seem so easy! She teaches fermentation and nutrition workshops, offers one-on-one culinary nutrition coaching and mentorship service, is a program coach with the Culinary Nutrition Expert Program, shares creative and delicious recipes on her blog and sells her own line of beeswax food wraps. If you’d like to get an online fermentation tutorial, check out her amazing guide to brewing kombucha.
Learn More: www.melissatorio.com