You’d think that asking the question: How do I make salad dressing? would have a simple and straight forward answer, but there’s a rhyme and reason to how it goes down. There’s an art and a science to it. A salad is like a little black dress. It’s classic, works for any occasion and you kind of know what to expect. But the dressing! The dressing serves as the accessories – the shoes, the jewels and the handbag. The accessories can make or break the outfit, just like a great dressing can take your salad from ho-hum to heyooo humunahumana – and that is what you want your salad to say!
The Basics that Every Great Salad Dressing Needs:
- Crispy, crunchy, fresh and organic veggies.
- A super healthy, top quality oil.
- An acid to fight with the bitter of the greens and give the salad that tang.
- Your herb of choice – the flavor that will carry the dish.
- And then some extras – these are the flourishes that will take your salad from zero to hero.
- Your love! You best be adding a dose of love into your salad dressing mixology.
This is how to make salad dressing!