The world’s global circumstances have caused us to think about our immunity and how we can avoid getting sick, but in the culinary nutrition world immune health has always been relevant and a key point of focus. The immune system hasn’t changed in thousands of years – it’s the context that has and our immunity perpetually needs support and education to learn what’s helpful or harmful. Our 19th episode of the Today Is The Day Podcast, “How To Supercharge Immunity”, is now available on your favourite podcast platforms.
Today is the day we’re taking a look at the power of the immune system in a way that you’ve never heard before – and how you can support your immune system for optimal health.
Subscribe and listen to the Today Is The Day Podcast on:
If you’re loving the show, please be sure to leave a review!
Covered In This Episode
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What the immune system is and where is it actually located in the body
- How children’s immune systems learn to evolve and strengthen during crucial stages of development
- Key factors that impair the immune system
- What you may not know about how sleep affects immune system function
- How the immune system is intended to work to fight infection and prevent disease
- The foods and nutrients to eat (and avoid!) to support immunity
- Two things many of us consume that are the quickest and most effective way to suppress immunity
- How to support an optimally functioning immune system, from nutrition and lifestyle to our environment and habits
- What you can do today to supercharge immunity and support your immune system
Additional Resources Mentioned In The Episode
- Can You Cure an Autoimmune Disease?
- How to Get a Good Night’s Sleep
- Health Benefits of Infrared Saunas
- 15 Best Foods for Resilience
- 10 Best Cold and Flu Remedies
- Are You Addicted to Sugar?
- How to Ensure Bulletproof Immunity
- What to Eat When You’re Sick: Simple Immune-Boosting Foods
- How to Support Your Immune System This Season
- Anti-Inflammatory Diet and Lifestyle Guide
- How To Stop Being Fooled By The Label
- Guide to Medicinal Mushrooms
- Homemade Ketchup
- Fermented Foods We Can’t Live Without
- The Surprising Health Benefits of Sunshine
- Culinary Nutrition Expert Program preview video and learn more
- Meghan on Instagram
- Meghan on Facebook
- Functional Nutrition Certification Program
- Functional Reset Program
- Josh on Instagram
- Josh on Facebook
More About The Culinary Nutrition Expert Program
- Program Overview: Check out the Culinary Nutrition Expert Program preview video and learn more
- RSVP to our next Program Information Session
- Free Training! Get instant access to a free Culinary Nutrition Mini Training
- Download and snuggle in with our Course Catalogue
- Join the team! Discover how you can become an Academy of Culinary Nutrition Certified Instructor
- Rave Reviews: See what our beloved grads have to say about us
Featured Culinary Nutrition Expert
Theresa has many labels associated with her name – wife, mom, daughter, Hashimoto’s Hypothyroiditis disease patient and cancer survivor. With all that and a history of heart disease and Type 2 diabetes in her family, she chose years ago to improve her health, making nutrition and lifestyle changes. In addition to teaching cooking classes to people of all ages, Theresa helps moms with pre-diabetes plan and prepare delicious meals for their families by teaching them recipes, skills, and lifestyle tips. She believes that teaching people how to make food themselves is a significant first step towards improved health. You can find a wealth of resources on her website and Instagram including e-books, handouts, and video demonstrations. She’s also one of our treasured program coaches in the Culinary Nutrition Expert Program!
Learn More: www.theresadiulus.com