Episode 16: How We Can Eat For Optimal Energy
We all want to feel vibrant and energetic throughout the day and then fall asleep easily at night. The secret to achieving this is not the sexiest or most trendy, but it’s quite basic and simple, which is why we’re tackling it on this podcast. Our 16th episode of the Today Is The Day Podcast, “How We Can Eat for Optimal Energy”, is now available on your favourite podcast platforms.
Today is the day we’re sharing one of the most important aspects to consider when it comes to the long term health of your diet – no matter which popular diet you follow.
Subscribe and listen to the Today Is The Day Podcast on:
If you’re loving the show, please be sure to leave a review!
Covered In This Episode
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What blood sugar is and how it affects the body
- Symptoms you may be experiencing that are associated with blood sugar imbalances
- The difference between the glycemic index and the glycemic load
- The short-term and long-term implications of blood sugar dysregulation
- Surprising foods that affect your blood sugar
- Why you should aim to eat in a way that balances blood sugar for the rest of your life
- Energizing meal and snack ideas that prevent blood sugar crashes
Additional Resources Mentioned In The Episode
- What Is the Glycemic Index and Is It a Relevant Measure for Health?
- UnDiet: Eat Your Way to Vibrant Health
- 20 Best Hormone Balancing Foods
- The Dark Side of White Flour
- Should You Be Avoiding Grains?
- Advanced Glycation End Products: What Are They And What We Can Do About Them
- Sugar and Cancer: What’s the Link?
- What the Heck Should I Eat?
- How to Get a Good Night’s Sleep
- Is Butter and MCT In Your Coffee Good For You?
- Your Guide to Healthy Snacks
- Low Glycemic Chocolate Clusters
- Tackling the Toddler and Child Snack Game
- 20 Best One-Pot Meals
- 7 Day No Sugar Challenge
- Healthy Batch Cooking 101
- Culinary Nutrition Expert Program preview video and learn more
- Meghan on Instagram
- Meghan on Facebook
- Functional Nutrition Certification Program
- Functional Reset Program
- Josh on Instagram
- Josh on Facebook
More About The Culinary Nutrition Expert Program
- Program Overview: Check out the Culinary Nutrition Expert Program preview video and learn more
- RSVP to our next Program Information Session
- Free Training! Get instant access to a free Culinary Nutrition Mini Training
- Download and snuggle in with our Course Catalogue
- Join the team! Discover how you can become an Academy of Culinary Nutrition Certified Instructor
- Rave Reviews: See what our beloved grads have to say about us
Featured Culinary Nutrition Expert
Kathleen Oswalt is a registered dietitian who works with her husband Don, a world championship triathlete. Together they founded eatloveTRIATHLON. Kathleen’s main role is to teach triathletes how to properly fuel their bodies, improve their overall health, endurance, athletic performance and recovery through eating a predominantly plant-based diet. Completing the program has opened doors into the triathlon community that weren’t there previously. It’s allowing her to grow their business doing what she loves.
Learn More: www.eatloveTRIATHLON.com
More Wisdom from our Experts
Choosing a diet for yourself can be fun, but also overwhelming. There are over 100 different dietary theories out there today, and it can be…Read More
Good food and nutrition are undoubtedly important, but sometimes we become so fixated on our diets that we forget all of the other things around…Read More
Longstanding nutrition advice tells us that we should stick to the perimeter of grocery stores (where the fresh food is) and avoid everything in the…Read More
The grocery store is packed with ingredients that support our health – and in many cases, our favourite ingredients can have multiple uses. While there…Read More
When it comes to healthy cooking, it’s relatively easy to swap out common allergens or ingredients such as butter, milk, cream, and cheese with dairy-free…Read More
Travel and vacation is all about taking a break from the ordinary, but it’s often difficult to stick to your diet and wholesome nutrition when…Read More