- 1 cup light buckwheat flour
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup ghee, butter or coconut oil, softened
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, or your favourite dark chocolate bar, chopped
- 1 tsp orange zest
- In a medium bowl, mix together buckwheat flour, almond flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a mixer bowl, beat ghee, butter or coconut oil with coconut sugar on high for about 4 minutes. Add vanilla and egg. Stir in dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips and orange zest.
- Chill dough for a few hours, or even better, overnight. This allows the buckwheat to mellow. You can also bake these immediately and they will still be good!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop 1-inch dough balls onto sheet. Flatten a bit, if desired.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes. Cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack. Enjoy!
These cookies are best when the dough can rest a few hours, preferably overnight, to allow the grains to soften.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 13 minutes
Keywords: cookies, gluten-free cookies, buckwheat flour, buckwheat cookies, buckwheat chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chip cookies