Nancy Williams Memorial Scholarship
Nancy was a Culinary Nutrition Expert and a vibrant and well loved member of our community since 2014. Up until her health began to challenge her in more serious ways just before Christmas of 2019, she was an active cheerleader and source of support in our student and alumni group. She had a warmth that radiated and was one of those people that stayed in your heart. She loved live music shows and most of all, being in her kitchen creating.
Nancy passed away in August 2020 and she is deeply missed. This scholarship honours her memory, and gives back to those who need it – something Nancy was very passionate about throughout her lifetime.
We are looking for candidates who are:
- Ready to learn about culinary nutrition for their own health or someone they love
- Keen to share what they’re learning with others in a professional capacity (not limited to not-for-profit)
- Excited about the prospect of supporting positive change for others
- Inclusive by nature
- Ready to work hard
Ideal Scholarship Candidate Qualities
We are looking for those who embody Nancy’s key traits, including:
- A strong desire to keep learning
- Warmth and compassion
- Generosity and an advocate for disenfranchised groups
- Supportive and community-oriented
- A love for cooking
This is a partial scholarship to the Certified Level of the 2023 Culinary Nutrition Expert Program.
The recipient will be responsible for $888.00 dollars for the Certified level of the program, and the Academy of Culinary Nutrition covers $3,092.00 dollars of the tuition amount.
The Application Process
Using your mobile phone or computer camera, we want to get to know you in a short 3 minute (or less) video*. You may upload the video to any video sharing site (vimeo, youtube, etc.), just ensure that it is in a format that you can share with us with a link.
- Deadline: Friday April 28th @ 4pm ET
- Up to 2 recipients
In your video include:
- Your name
- Where you’re from
- Why are you interested in the Culinary Nutrition Expert Program?
- How do you embody Nancy’s key traits?
- What is it about you that makes you seriously awesome?
* Please do your best to respect our 3-minute guideline. If it runs long, we may not see the whole thing.