For the Energy Bites
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- 12 dried figs, chopped
- 2 medium-sized carrots, grated
- 1 cup shredded coconut, divided
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (see below)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup dried fruit (blueberries or cranberries)
For the Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ¼ cup Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp ground nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp ground cloves
- 1 Tbsp ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp allspice
- Make the pumpkin pie spice by adding all spices to a mason jar and shake.
- In a food processor, process seeds and figs. Add in carrot, ½ cup coconut, spice, vanilla and sea salt.
- Process another minute until well-combined. Add dried fruit and mix with a spoon.
- Using a ½ Tbsp measuring spoon, scoop out mix and roll into a ball. Repeat with remaining mixture. (They’ll be sticky – wet hands will help.)
- Place remaining coconut on a plate and roll each ball until covered. Refrigerate in a sealed container to store.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Category: Snack