We are blown away by the positive response we’ve had to From Scratch Cooking 2018. It’s absolutely incredible what can happen when a passionate community – YOU – rallies to support a fantastic cause. Thanks to your generous donations, so far we have raised more than $9770 for Organics4Orphans.
However, we still haven’t met our $10,000 fundraising goal. Please contribute if you can, even if the only way you can help is by sharing this post. From Scratch Cooking will only be available for a limited time, so grab your copy today!
Today, we’re sharing another gluten-free and dairy-free recipe from Candra Reynolds, Culinary Nutrition Expert and the blogger behind Wife of a Grocer. Candra is an extremely talented recipe developer and photographer, plus she shares plenty of great tips about cooking for families.
And this sweet potato lentil goulash is bound to become your next family favourite. It’s an ultra-satisfying vegan dish that is packed with anti-oxidants and immune-boosting nutrients, as well as tons of fibre. More importantly, it’s comforting and utterly delish!
You can find more tasty gluten-free, plant-based and dairy-free recipes in From Scratch 2018 – get your copy here.
Serves: 6 servings
- 1 cup lentils
- 2 cups water
- 4 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cubed sweet potato
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seed oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Cayenne, to taste
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Rinse lentils and place them in a pot with 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil, turn down the heat to a simmer and cook for 15 - 20 minutes.
- In a large pan add 2 Tbsp of olive oil. Turn the heat to medium and add garlic and onions. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Add sweet potato, celery, and red pepper. Stir and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add cooked lentils, pumpkin seeds and remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil. Combine mixture and simmer, covered, on low heat for 15 minutes. If anything starts to stick you can add a few tablespoons of water.
- Remove from heat and add pumpkin seed oil, salt and cayenne pepper to taste. Continue to stir away from heat for a few minutes.
- Add ½ cup chopped parsley to serve.