We are blown away by the positive response we’ve had to From Scratch Cooking 2016. It’s absolutely incredible what can happen when a passionate community – YOU – rallies to support a great cause. Thanks to your generous donations – many of which have been in the $100 range – in just over a week we have raised enough money to send more than 200 children to school for a year. That’s amazing, so thank you!
However, we still have a ways to go to reach our $25,000 goal so we can build an entire school with Pencils of Promise in Laos, Ghana or Guatemala. Please contribute if you can, even if the only way you can help is by sharing this post. From Scratch Cooking will only be available for a limited time, so grab your copy today.
Today, we’re sharing another gluten-free and dairy-free recipe for Thai Noodle Bowl Soup. This recipe is from one of our newly minted CNE program graduates, Stephanie Long.
It combines the beautiful flavours of Thai food with the incredible nutrient-rich properties of bone broth. Perfect for winter, this warming anti-inflammatory noodle bowl is kicking it gluten-free with spaghetti squash noodles, fat-fueled coconut milk, rich Thai spices and colourful veggies. Grab your favourite bowl and slurp away!
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups spaghetti squash
- 2 cups bone broth (or veggie stock)
- 1 14 ounce can coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp Thai Spice Mix (recipe follows)
- 1 Tbsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp ground chillis
- 2 Tbsp dried lemongrass
- 2 Tbsp dried lime zest
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp dried ginger
- Put all spice mix ingredients into a spice grinder and grind into a fine powder.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Cut the spaghetti squash in half and place the halves cut-side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Roast for 35-45 minutes.
- When cooked and cool enough to handle, scrape out 2 cups of spaghetti squash with a fork and set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat. When oil is melted, add in ginger and garlic and cook until fragrant, around 3-5 minutes.
- Add in coconut milk, bone broth, bell peppers, spaghetti squash and Thai spice mix. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer for 15 minutes.