For the Soup:
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups spaghetti squash
- 2 cups bone broth (or veggie stock)
- 1 14 ounce can coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp Thai Spice Mix (recipe follows)
For the Thai Spice Mix
- 1 Tbsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp ground chillis
- 2 Tbsp dried lemongrass
- 2 Tbsp dried lime zest
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp dried ginger
- Put all spice mix ingredients into a spice grinder and grind into a fine powder.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Cut the spaghetti squash in half and place the halves cut-side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Roast for 35-45 minutes.
- When cooked and cool enough to handle, scrape out 2 cups of spaghetti squash with a fork and set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat. When oil is melted, add in ginger and garlic and cook until fragrant, around 3-5 minutes.
- Add in coconut milk, bone broth, bell peppers, spaghetti squash and Thai spice mix. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour 25 mins
- Category: Main