For the stuffed squash:
- 2 delicata squash, halved lengthwise and de-seeded
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 head cauliflower, cored and chopped into small florets
- 1 ½ Tbsp olive oil, ghee, or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Ras el Hanout (recipe provided below if you want to make your own)
- 2 cups kale, ribs removed and sliced into ribbons
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- 1/4 cup pistachio nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1 tsp raw organic honey
For the Ras el Hanout
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cardamon
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp ground mace
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground anise seeds
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
- If you’re going to make the spice mix, stir all of the spices together. Store in an airtight container.
- Using your hands, coat squash inside and out with oil. Season with salt and pepper and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet, cut side up. Sprinkle inside of squash with cinnamon.
- Roast for 40 minutes, until slightly golden and fork tender.
- Meanwhile, pulse cauliflower in food processor, until it looks like grains of couscous. Set aside.
- Melt 1 ½ tbsp oil or ghee in large skillet over medium heat. Sauté onions and garlic until translucent (about 5 minutes).
- Add spices and stir until well blended. Add the cauliflower and stir to evenly coat with spices.
- Mix in kale, cranberries and nuts, and cook for about 2 minutes. You may want to add a little water at this point (about 1/4 cup, added a little at a time). Cook for about 5 minutes, until kale is just wilted.
- Remove from heat and add sea salt, orange juice and honey.
- Remove squash from oven, and fill with stuffing. Lower oven temp to 350˚F.
- Place the tray of stuffed squash to bake in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Besseha! (Enjoy!)
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Category: Main Dish