Superfood is a word that is bandied about and used as a marketing claim on many products to the point where the concept has almost lost its meaning. Our sixth episode of the Today Is The Day Podcast, “What Are The True Superfoods?”, is now available on your favourite podcast platforms.
In this episode, we’re diving into the topic of true superfoods – not the ones that come in packages from faraway lands, but the real superheroes that are widely accessible, affordable and can easily be part of an everyday diet.
Subscribe and listen to the Today Is The Day Podcast on:
If you’re loving the show, please be sure to leave a review!
Covered In This Episode
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How to get back to the original, accessible superfoods.
- The unexpected environmental and economic impacts caused by the superfood movement.
- Meghan’s philosophy for culinary nutrition, Josh’s construct of functional nutrition, and what evidence they use to back them up.
- Why mushrooms act a little like a teacher for your body’s rowdy classroom, and the reason you shouldn’t try foraging for them on your own.
- The surprising anti-cancer and antibiotic powers of garlic.
- The benefits of turmeric: an anti-inflammatory that goes well with smoothies and even lattes.
- Meghan makes a case for hemp seeds, which provide adequate fibre, fat and protein.
- Why Josh recommends cinnamon for people who are on the blood sugar rollercoaster.
- Hear the debut of the CINNAMON JINGLE.
- That walnuts don’t just look like your brain: they boost your brain as well.
- Leave Meghan and Josh a message and talk about the superfoods growing in your own backyard!
Episode Bonus: True Superfood Recipes
This episode’s bonus is a printable that includes the following superfood recipes:
- Parsley pesto
- Blueberry super shake
- Simple turmeric tea
- Stuffed portobello mushrooms
- Hemp ‘parmesan’ topping
Get your FREE Superfood Recipes plus 35 more free resource guides!
Fill out the form below for instant access.
Additional Resources Mentioned In The Episode
- 19 Unexpected Ways to Use Turmeric
- Cold and Flu Turmeric Tonic
- Guide to Medicinal Mushrooms
- 7 Cold-Fighting Foods to Cook With This Season
- Healthiest Budget-Friendly Foods
- Health Benefits of Berries
- 11 Kitchen Remedies for Your Natural First Aid Kit
- What Is Functional Nutrition?
- Shocking Environmental Impact of Popular Health Foods
- 5 ‘Health Foods’ That Aren’t Actually Good for You
- Vanilla Bean Hemp Milk
- The Garlic Cure-All
- Kale and Lemon Pesto
- Wild Leek Omega Power Pesto
- Mushroom Soup
- Baked Apples
- Best Wild Leek Recipes
- Salt Sugar Fat: Get it in the US and Get it in Canada
Connect With The Hosts
- Culinary Nutrition Expert Program preview video and learn more
- Meghan on Instagram
- Meghan on Facebook
- Functional Nutrition Certification Program
- Functional Reset Program
- Josh on Instagram
- Josh on Facebook
More About The Culinary Nutrition Expert Program
- Program Overview: Check out the Culinary Nutrition Expert Program preview video and learn more
- Free Training! Get instant access to a free Culinary Nutrition From Scratch Training
- Download and snuggle in with our Course Catalogue
- Join the team! Discover how you can become an Academy of Culinary Nutrition Certified Instructor
- Rave Reviews: See what our beloved grads have to say about us
Featured Culinary Nutrition Expert
Dusty is a professional triathlete and coach. He offers coaching on triathlons, running and nutrition on his YoutTube channel – we particularly love his cooking videos. Conventional sports nutrition can be filled with poor advice – like gel packs and neon drinks – and we appreciate Dusty’s whole food approach to supporting fitness.
Learn More: www.dustyspillertriathlon.com