When you’re short on time, quick one-pot meals are the name of the game. There are few homemade meals that are simpler than soup – and this vegan cauliflower and carrot soup recipe is easy to make and will warm your soul.
This gluten-free, vegan and dairy-free recipe comes from our 2017 edition of From Scratch Cooking, our annual e-cookbook for charity. For this project our Culinary Nutrition Expert Program graduates donate their recipes and we give 100% of the proceeds to worthy causes.
Abigail Hopkins is the Culinary Nutrition Expert behind this incredibly creamy cauliflower and carrot soup recipe. You’ve seen Abigail on this blog before, sharing up her healthy pizza making tips and her amazing sweet potato + Brussels sprouts winter salad.
You may also know her from her menu planning biz, That Clean Life Business, which has quickly grown to become an essential business tool (and time saver!) for fellow wellness professionals and Culinary Nutrition Experts. That Clean Life Business allows you to create menu plans for clients using recipe resources designed to help a variety of health conditions. In short, Abigail is total pro at recipe creation and food photography.
For some extra oomph, set aside some cauliflower and carrots and roast them in the oven for garnish. You won’t regret it and we bet this one will become part of your regular meal repertoire.
Serves: Serves 4
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 5 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 6 cups water (or broth)
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a large stock pot over medium-low heat.
- Add the green onions and sauté until softened.
- Add the carrot, cauliflower, water, thyme, salt and black pepper.
- Cover the pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer. Let simmer for 20 minutes then add in the parsley and stir until wilted. Turn off the heat.
- Purée the soup using a blender or handheld immersion blender. (Note: If using a regular blender, be careful. Ensure you leave a space for the steam to escape.)
- Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
For more fantastic recipes like this, get your copy of From Scratch 2017 today.